By Karen E. Kim
Best specialists within the fields of gastroenterology, surgical procedure, and radiology comprehensively overview the pathophysiology, prognosis, administration, and remedy of acute bleeding problems of the GI tract. The authors holiday down acute bleeding into higher and reduce GI tract resources and supply a differential analysis for every ailment, evidence-based algorithms for medical perform, remedy modalities for its administration, and criteria of care. The authors define the numerous dilemmas confronted through physicians of their method of their sufferers, similar to localization of the bleeding resource (upper vs lower), the necessity and timing for emergency endoscopy, and the timing for radiologic intervention and/or surgical procedure.
Read Online or Download Acute Gastrointestinal Bleeding: Diagnosis and Treatment (Clinical Gastroenterology) PDF
Best digestive organs books
The guide of Electrogastrography is the 1st textbook devoted to reviewing the body structure of gastric myelectrical job and the dimension of this electric task with electrodes put on the belly floor - the electrogastrogram. The guide is split into 3 significant sections.
This accomplished source for fellows/trainees and applicants for recertification in gastroenterology summarizes the sphere in a contemporary, clean structure. sought after specialists from worldwide write on their components of workmanship, and every bankruptcy follows a uniform constitution. the point of interest is on key wisdom, with crucial medical proof highlighted in packing containers.
It is a 3-in-1 reference e-book. It provides an entire clinical dictionary protecting hundreds of thousands of phrases and expressions with regards to rotavirus. It additionally supplies broad lists of bibliographic citations. ultimately, it offers details to clients on the best way to replace their wisdom utilizing numerous net assets.
It truly is with a lot excitement that I introduce this primary quantity in a chain of issues in Gastroenterology geared toward the clever clinician. Dr. Peter Banks is at the beginning a clinician and instructor and for that reason an awesome lead-off writer. His very useful assessment of pancreatitis is predicated not just on a radical assimilation of scientific and experimental proof but in addition on his lengthy medical perform in college hospitals and in deepest perform.
- Pancreatic Cancer (Recent Results in Cancer Research)
- Zoom Gastroscopy: Magnifying Endoscopy in the Stomach
- Salmonella: Methods and Protocols
- Gastroenteritis Viruses
Additional info for Acute Gastrointestinal Bleeding: Diagnosis and Treatment (Clinical Gastroenterology)
118. Sigalet DL, Laberge JM, DiLorenzo M, et al. Aortoesophageal fistula: congenital and acquired causes. J Pediatr Surg 1994; 29: 1212–1214. 119. Loh KS, Tan KK. Subclavian-oesophageal fistula as a complication of foreign body ingestion: a case report. Ann Acad Med Singapore 1998; 27: 277–278. 120. Jiraki K. Aortoesophageal conduit due to a foreign body. Am J Forensic Med Pathol 1996; 17: 347–348. 121. Wu MH, Lai WW. Aortoesophageal fistula induced by foreign bodies. Ann Thorac Surg 1992; 54: 155–156.
94. Scheider DM, Barthel JS, King PD, Beale GD. Dieulafoy-like lesion of the distal esophagus. Am J Gastroenterol 1994; 89: 2080–2081. Chapter 2 / Nonvariceal Bleeding 33 95. Jaspersen D, Komer T, Schorr W, Brennenstuhl M, Hammar CH. Extragastric Dieulafoy’s disease as unusual source of intestinal bleeding. Esophageal visible vessel. Dig Dis Sci 1994; 39: 2558–2560. 96. Soetikno RM, Piper J, Montes H, Ukomadu C, Carr-Locke DL. Use of endoscopic band ligation to treat a Dieulafoy’s lesion of the esophagus.
Distal esophageal exophytic mass with biopsies revealing adenocarcinoma. common primary malignancies of the esophagus are squamous cell carcinoma and adenocarcinoma, which account for more than 90% of all such lesions. Reports of rare primaries include malignant melanoma presenting as acute hemorrhage (78), and esophageal stromal tumor typically presenting with dysphagia but rarely with acute bleeding (79). Reported cases of bleeding from metastases include breast carcinoma (80), renal cell carcinoma (81), small cell carcinoma, osteogenic sarcoma, and germ cell tumors (82) (Table 1).
Acute Gastrointestinal Bleeding: Diagnosis and Treatment (Clinical Gastroenterology) by Karen E. Kim