By Jeff Friesen, Dave Smith
Android is still one of many major cellular OS and improvement systems riding today's cellular concepts and the apps environment. Android appears to be like complicated, yet deals quite a few equipped improvement kits to these getting into Android with differing programming language ability sets.
Android Recipes: A Problem-Solution method publications you step by step via a variety of precious issues utilizing whole and real-world operating code examples.
In this booklet, you'll start up with a recap of Android structure and app basics, after which get all the way down to company and construct an app with Google’s Android SDK on the command line and Eclipse. subsequent, you'll how to accomplish useful projects referring to the consumer interface, communications with the cloud, gadget undefined, info patience, communications among purposes, and interacting with Android itself. ultimately, you'll the way to leverage quite a few libraries and Scripting Layer for Android (SL4A) that will help you practice projects extra quick, tips on how to use the Android NDK to spice up app functionality, and the way to layout apps for functionality, responsiveness, seamlessness, and more.
Instead of summary descriptions of complicated recommendations, in Android Recipes, you'll locate dwell code examples. in case you commence a brand new undertaking, you could contemplate copying and pasting the code and configuration records from this ebook, then editing them on your personal customization wishes. this may prevent loads of paintings over making a venture from scratch!
What you’ll learn
* become aware of Android structure and numerous Android-specific APIs
* the right way to improve a unit conversion app within the context of command-line/Android SDK and Eclipse/Android SDK environments
* tips to accomplish quite a few projects with regards to the person interface and extra
* the best way to use exterior libraries to save lots of effort and time
* the right way to speedy improve an app utilizing the Scripting Layer for Android (SL4A) device
* find out how to enhance app functionality by utilizing the Android NDK
* guidance for designing filtered apps, performant apps, responsive apps, and seamless apps
Who this publication is for
Newcomers to Android, in addition to extra comprehensive Android builders.
Table of Contents
* Getting begun with Android
* consumer Interface Recipes
* Communications and Networking
* Interacting with equipment and Media
* Persisting information
* Interacting with the process
* operating with Libraries
* Scripting Layer for Android
* Android NDK
* App layout guidance
Read Online or Download Android Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach PDF
Similar software books
With confirmed pedagogy that emphasizes critical-thinking, problem-solving, and in-depth insurance, New views is helping scholars increase the Microsoft workplace 2013 talents they should succeed in collage and past. up-to-date with all new case-based tutorials, New views Microsoft workplace 2013 maintains to have interaction scholars in making use of abilities to real-world events, making options suitable.
With multitasking and greater than a a hundred different new gains, iPhone four. zero is a true deal with, cooked up with Apple's conventional mystery sauce of simplicity, intelligence, and whimsy. iPhone: The lacking guide can provide a guided journey of every little thing the hot iPhone has to provide, with plenty of information, tips, and surprises.
Additional info for Android Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach
2 Quantization Table for the 3-Bit Bipolar Quantizer (step size ¼ D ¼ ðxmax À xmin Þ=23 , xmax ¼ maximum voltage, and xmin ¼ Àxmax ) Binary Code Quantization Level xq (V) Input Signal Subrange (V) 000 À4D À4D 001 À3D À3:5D x < À2:5D 010 À2D À2:5D x < À1:5D 011 ÀD À1:5 100 0 À0:5D 101 D 0:5D x < 1:5D 110 2D 1:5D x < 2:5D 111 3D 2:5D x < 3:5D x < À3:5D x < À0:5D x < 0:5D a. 20), we get the number of quantization levels as L ¼ 2m ¼ 23 ¼ 8 b. 19) yields D ¼ c. 22), we determine the quantization level as xq ¼ 0 þ 5D ¼ 5 Â 0:625 ¼ 3:125 volts d.
8. 9. 1 1 1 Xðf þ fs Þ þ Xðf Þ þ Xðf À fs Þ þ / T T T That is, the sampled signal spectrum is a scaled and shifted version of its analog signal spectrum and its replicas centered at the frequencies that are multiples of the sampling rate. The analog anti-aliasing lowpass filter is used before ADC to remove frequency components higher than the folding frequency to avoid aliasing. The reconstruction (analog lowpass) filter is adopted after DAC to remove the spectral images that exist in the sample-and-hold signal and obtain the smoothed analog signal.
13. 3 Assume an analog signal is given by xðtÞ ¼ 5cosð2p Â 2; 000tÞ þ 1cosð2p Â 5; 000tÞ; for t ! 0 and is sampled at a rate of 8,000 Hz. a. Sketch the spectrum of the sampled signal up to 20 kHz. b. Sketch the recovered analog signal spectrum if an ideal lowpass filter with a cutoff frequency of 4 kHz is used to recover the original signal (y ðnÞ ¼ xðnÞ in this case). 3. 3. Solution: a. 14. b. Since the maximum frequency of the analog signal is larger than that of the Nyquist frequencydthat is, twice the maximum frequency of the analog signal is larger than the sampling ratedthe sampling theorem condition is violated.
Android Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach by Jeff Friesen, Dave Smith